This article isn’t much for substance, because it doesn’t really differentiate anything that’s more complicated for mommy ministers than for regular working moms. I do, however, find it interesting that there are enough mommy ministers out there that USA Today decided to highlight them pre-Mom’s day. You can read about it here. (h/t Youth Specialties)
about since austinThe blog of Rev. Heather Baker Utley: a mama in pajamas, procrastinating and innovating. Currently a pastor at Seattle's First Free Methodist Church, working on an M.Div at Seattle Pacific Seminary. Alum of Taylor University (Upland, IN). Mom of two little boys and wife to one music-loving youth pastor.
- Dear writers of church-related marketing emails, please retire the phrase “take your ministry to the next level” an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- Brandi Carlile’s new album “By the Way, I Forgive You” is incredible. It’s the album I have been hoping she would m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 hours ago
- RT @ObamaFoundation: “He would take extraordinary care and precision and vision in recognizing the beauty and the grace and the dignity of… 1 week ago
- Can I nominate Johnny Weir’s jacket for a Gold Medal? Because I DO! #PeyongChang2018 2 weeks ago
- !!! One of my favorite childhood books being brought to life with an amazing cast! Cannot wait!!! twitter.com/ava/status/961… 2 weeks ago
Tag Cloudbuddy miller camping chili christmas Co-op Cooking crafts crazy heart cycling Easter exploring fasting fitness Food food education friends frugal cooking Gardening heart health hummus husband jamie oliver jeff bridges Julie and Julia knitting leadership Lent maggie gyllenhaal marriage mentoring michelle obama microeconomics ministry More with Less motherhood movement arts movies mudhouse sabbath Music National Parks neck pain olympics Organization outdoors patty griffin photography pike place market potluck prayer Recipes Relationships seasons seattle self drivel shopping Simplicity solitude spiritual disciplines Spiritual Life teens Travel treasure tv vegetarian Worship yoga