I know I must have been engrossed in what he was saying, because I had already forgotten that my pants zipper had broken in the ladies restroom only moments before. I had already tuned out the energy I was expending pulling the hem of my camisole over the broken zipper while simultaneously pretending nothing had happened. The brain cells that were focused on projecting the breeziness the evening required were apparently now fully integrated into my autosomatic nervous system. My full attention was focused on him, on this first meeting, and the conversation at hand.
about since austinThe blog of Rev. Heather Baker Utley: a mama in pajamas, procrastinating and innovating. Currently a pastor at Seattle's First Free Methodist Church, working on an M.Div at Seattle Pacific Seminary. Alum of Taylor University (Upland, IN). Mom of two little boys and wife to one music-loving youth pastor.
- Here's the link to listen to my sermon from yesterday on Luke 8:40-56: soundcloud.com/seattleffmc/ma… 2 weeks ago
- Thank you @BethMooreLPM for your strong leadership! twitter.com/BethMooreLPM/s… 3 weeks ago
- A morning prayer: “If our days do not begin and end in you, O Lord, they come to nothing. Bless our efforts at fait… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- RT @CTmagazine: Why many Christians are nervous and hesitant to open themselves up to the Holy Spirit’s work christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2018… 4 weeks ago
- RT @SPUSeminary: “Indeed our survival and liberation depend upon our recognition of the truth when it is spoken and lived by the people. If… 4 weeks ago
Tag Cloudbuddy miller camping chili christmas Co-op Cooking crafts crazy heart cycling Easter exploring fasting fitness Food food education friends frugal cooking Gardening heart health hummus husband jamie oliver jeff bridges Julie and Julia knitting leadership Lent maggie gyllenhaal marriage mentoring michelle obama microeconomics ministry More with Less motherhood movement arts movies mudhouse sabbath Music National Parks neck pain olympics Organization outdoors patty griffin photography pike place market potluck prayer Recipes Relationships seasons seattle self drivel shopping Simplicity solitude spiritual disciplines Spiritual Life teens Travel treasure tv vegetarian Worship yoga